Thursday, October 1, 2020

Where "Thank You Song" comes from

Inevitable, there are trials in life. It is a common belief that they will grow you and make you stronger.

"Thank You Song" comes from a place like that. It was a day like any other day (way before this thing in 2020 hit us), and why an event triggered me to write it, is a mystery, just like Life itself, but what I do know is that my husband was still hooked on narcotic pain pills at the time, and the unpredictability of each moment was a constant cloud hanging over us and me. He had had one of his out-lashes and it was  after that moment "Thank You Song" came about.  I turned to my consolers God and music and reached for my guitar and simply started strumming and singing. The words and the melody instantly started flowing through from my heart and the Holy Spirit . There is no other explanation when a song simply starts seemingly out of "nothingness". The purpose for me that evening was to find strength in life's weakness to connect with a feeling of gratitude, so that I could turn a resentment into something uplifting.

In this day and time, when we all are more or less in an adaptive stage of living, my hope is that you will find strength and inspiration from hearing this song.





PS. There is a dictionary on my facebook page that explains some of the terminology I use in the song: https://www.facebook.com/krizrogerscountrymusic/photos/p.10157202566266470/10157202566266470/?type=1&theater

and I would like to add that "Bigger Scheme" refers to God's plans for not just you and me, but for human kind as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Diverce Album

  The songs on here are mostly downbeat. Is that the proper way of saying the opposite of upbeat? (musically speaking. the answer is no. Jus...