Friday, January 3, 2014

Something warm for my cup

One of my previous posts was about what I missed having from my native country Sweden. That one thing was a Chinese dessert. Now I know of something else too after coming off from a flu: Rose Hip Soup and Black Currant Syrup. They are both loaded with Vitamin C and can be enjoyed hot or cold. Cold on a hot summer day and hot on a cold winters day ... or when you have the flu. It is very soothing and warms you up if you're having a fever or just feel cold. Unfortunately the Rose Hip Soup powder and Black Currant Syrup are hard to find and expensive so those aren't things I have as staples in my pantry. And the only time I have missed them, really, is in the past weeks. House remedies from our childhood are pretty good memories though about a mother that cared enough to give you something to make you feel warm and loved. Not too bad.

Rose Hip Soup and Rose Hips

Black Currant Syrup

Black Currant Berries

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Diverce Album

  The songs on here are mostly downbeat. Is that the proper way of saying the opposite of upbeat? (musically speaking. the answer is no. Jus...