Friday, March 14, 2014

For your weekend brunch - Kriz's CWWP


Sometimes one has this sudden urge to have pancakes, especially on weekends ... I do, don't you? I found a vegan pancake recipe online that I modified a little. Actually, I rarely use recipes as is, I always modify to my liking. To find the recipe I searched for "healthy pancakes"I didn't believe these pancakes would turn out well, but I had to try and much to my happy surprise they are yummy! I had mine with canned peaches and syrup.

Kriz's Cornmeal/Whole Wheat Pancakes

1/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used almond milk)

Combine all dry ingredients and stir in the milk just enough to make a batter.

Use about a 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook in hot pan (in any kind of vegetable oil if you don't have a non-stick pan)  until bubbles form on the top side, then flip and cook the other side till light brown.

Makes enough pancakes for two people. You can double or triple the recipe and so on to suit your party's needs ...

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

A Diverce Album

  The songs on here are mostly downbeat. Is that the proper way of saying the opposite of upbeat? (musically speaking. the answer is no. Jus...