Thursday, March 30, 2017

Songs That Create Emotions


A morning routine of mine is to turn the radio on to 650 WSM while I'm having breakfast in the kitchen. One of the songs they played today was "Coward Of The County", which I first heard on the radiop when I was a child over in Sweden.  How I viewed it back then, I don't remember, but now I love it because it is so brilliantly written with its storytelling.  It also has teachings in it about choices we make and that there always is so much more to a person than what can be assessed by simply one standpoint of theirs. I feel it is a song that encompasses both "Blessed are the meek" (from the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5:5) and the more secular "The straw that broke the camel's back".



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Diverce Album

  The songs on here are mostly downbeat. Is that the proper way of saying the opposite of upbeat? (musically speaking. the answer is no. Jus...